Teatro Greco, Taormina

Teatro Greco, Taormina

Thursday, July 19, 2007

Agrigento

On July 15, 2007 the whole class went to Agrigento. It was an amazing trip for me, even though I already had been there a few years before. This time I wanted to know more about the history behind all the monuments that I have seen. I had no idea the names of temples and this time I actually found out. There names are the temple of caster and pollox, Hercules, Zeus, and June. I thought the temple of June was the most interesting out the bunch, and that was due to the fact that it wasn’t destroyed as the other ones were. And Pepe our astonished tour guide told us that they were destroyed by a conquering people. If they only kept them in tack how much more knowledge we would know about them. Also while there we got to see the landscape which is breathtaking, and I understand why the Greeks built all these temples there. There is a lot more there but you need a few days to see everything. So take it from me you really need to go and see them. Even if you don’t understand history you will love this.

No comments: