Teatro Greco, Taormina

Teatro Greco, Taormina

Thursday, July 19, 2007

Catania Market

We went to the markets in Catania and this was one of the wonderful sights. One side of this maze of a market, are all differnt foods. They have fruits and vegetables, as well as strange meats. As you can see there was a giant swordfish head that was cut off and for sale. It freaked me out as I walked by it, but there were also other animals there like rabbit and chickens that were basically just skinned. Not what we are use to seeing in the states. The other part of the market consists of jewelry, bathing suits, underwear(which was extremely cheap but, ,I just couldn't bring myself to buy panyies from an open market0 and of course clothes. I got so many T-shirts as gifts from 2-3 euros each. Talk about a steal! These were actually really nice shirts too. You just have to dig for them, which is half the fun. Catania is also great if you want to shop in actual stores. The prices are no where near as high as they are in Taormina and they have really cute shops and department stores right by the market so you don't have to walk far. By far, this was te best shopping day I had in Sicily. I got so many gifts for my family and for myself in that one day and it was all so cheap. With out a doubt, Catania should be on your to do list if you come to Sicily.

No comments: