Teatro Greco, Taormina

Teatro Greco, Taormina

Thursday, July 19, 2007

Scuba Diving

The first weekend here in Taormina Ben, Frank, and I all went scuba diving. It was an eye opening experience for us all. It was one of the best things I had ever done in my life, and it only cost 40 euro. We first all woke up at 8:30 in morning and was picked up in a little van that when we first looked at it we thought there was no way that it would make it to Isabella, but it thankfully did. We got there and got suited up with wet suits, but Ben and I didn’t realize that we put them on backwards but it really didn’t make much of difference in the scheme of things. We got the small boat and went away to a deeper part of Isabella, and thankfully there were no jelly fish which somewhat hurts if you get stung. But we then got our first lesson right once we got into open water which was definitely something that was pretty funny to watch if you know how to scuba dive, because we had no idea what we were doing with the weights and the button red button you press to take air and the white to loss it. But we get into the water and we learn all the signs like go down, up, and running out of air. Then we spend the next forty minutes underwater and it was definitely a top moment in my life and I hope to get certified so I can do many more times.

No comments: