Teatro Greco, Taormina

Teatro Greco, Taormina

Thursday, July 19, 2007

Reflections/Bar Life

What did I think about Sicily? Well I can tell you that it has been a great time here and that I have definitely learned a lot. From going on all the different field trips and just getting a sense of the culture that exists here is amazing. It really helps you too remember things a lot better when you are physically standing in front of the history you are learning about. What will I miss the most about this trip well? The answer to that question will become extremely obvious to you when you arrive here. I will miss the people I have met the most. Although I am with 10 others from the U.S. let’s be honest we probably won't see each other much after this, and we all live relatively close to each other. What will be even harder is leaving people behind either in Sicily that live here, or watching people leave to go to other countries where the odds of seeing them are slim. The people you will meet here will last in your mind forever, and all I can say is take lots of pictures and get emails. Now for the fun stuff. The bars in Taormina and small and quaint and there are not that many to go to. Here are the list of my favorites in order. 1st is Time Out, it is an Irish type bar that is reasonably priced and has the best hamburgers in town. 2nd is Morgana which is a really nice place to go and hang out. If you go on Friday, Saturday or Sunday night, you can probably dance which is nice because there are no clubs, or discoteches as they call them here in Taormina. 3rd is the Piliere concept bar, 4th is Déjà vu. It’s a far walk from the hotel which knocks it down on my list and sometimes you can dance too. 5th is O’sevens Irish Pub its an ok place to go sit near corso umberto and admire the people walking. This is the information that I think you will find most helpful. P.S. the roof of the hotel is amazing you must see the sunrise at least once
~that guy

No comments: