Teatro Greco, Taormina

Teatro Greco, Taormina

Thursday, July 19, 2007

Final Impressions

I have now been in Sicily for 24 days, with only a few days left. Time has flown by as I knew it would; so thankfully I did everything I had wanted to and lived each day to the fullest. Being my first time in Sicily, and Europe as well, I feel like I have had an enlightenment from learning about a different way of life than my own. One of my goals coming here was to gain the knowledge of a different culture, and that I did. I learned about the rich history of this land, and how so many cultures have come here and left their influence on this island.
I learned and experienced so much here that New Jersey cannot offer, Including: the Greek ruins at Agrigento, the roman mosaics at the Piazza Armerina, as well as the churches in Palermo. In addition to Sicilican culture, from those I met from other parts of the world I have also learned what it is like in their respective cultures. I can honestly say coming here has been one of the best decisions in my life. I definitely think I'll be returning here and to many other parts of the world. Thank you so much Sicily, I will remember this for all my life.

No comments: