Teatro Greco, Taormina

Teatro Greco, Taormina

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Snorkeling Trip


We Climb

Traveling to Sicily has been extraordinary. I am definitely having one of the best times of my life, and it is great to finally experience a different atmosphere than New Jersey. Everyone who came on the trip is really nice, and I am glad to have made some great friends. Throughout the trip we have spent a great deal of time hanging out together, and it has been fun doing things as a group. Even though it has been interesting traveling around town and talking to different people, there have been many memorable times hanging around with the group and taking excursions…especially the snorkeling trip. Going on the snorkeling trip was one of the coolest things I have ever done (Thanks Ben for planning the trip and getting everyone together). Not only was it something that I had never expected to do while being over here, but it was also interesting and fun at the same time; I got to experience different parts of the island, and it was relaxing just spending some time out in the water. While I didn’t see a lot of fish, I did happen to run into a ton of jellyfish or “medusa.” But even with a sting or two, it was still a good time. And, right before heading to the beach for the on-shore bbq, we spotted a huge rock which we decided to try to leap off of into the ocean. Making our way up it was a challenge, but the thrill of jumping off was well worth it. After the dive we pulled up on shore for the bbq. As our tour guide Alex (really great guy) prepared our meal, we just relaxed on the beach. The meal itself was very delicious, and I really enjoyed the fish that was served. After that we went back on the boat and drove out to deeper walker. There we spent about 20 minutes just swimming and lounging around. It felt great just drifting in water, and looking back on the coast is a sight I will never forget. I definitely could not have asked for a better trip.

No comments: